Wednesday 7/1
Distance: 8+ miles
Time: 59:23
Tuesday 6/30
Distance: 0 miles
Monday 6/29
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 56:59
Feeling a little under the weather at the beginning of the week. Ran in the afternoon on Monday fairly easy. On the way back, I ran into a dude running up the hill I was coming down. He had a huge grin on his face, Haile G style. He stopped me briefly before continuing on. "Were you running down Francois Road on Sunday?" "Yeah, I think so." "Your pace is good, man. Your pace is good." We had somewhat of an awkward interaction, given that his English was pretty limited and my Zulu is nonexistent. Either way, it was definitely a solid lift to a long day.
Took Tuesday off, since I wasn't feeling great and was still coughing...briefly considered trying to do a simulated repeat of senior week since that seemed to somehow temporarily kill off any germs in my body. Unfortunately staying up late and drinking to exhaustion is probably not conducive to going to work at 8 every morning. Or to running, period.
Feeling somewhat better today after plenty of sleep. Ran after work in the afternoon on the UKZN fields...definitely digging that location-plenty of flat grass, some sweet giant goose-like birds that waddle around everywhere, and some peace away from the rush hour traffic on the roads.
Work has finally started to pick up. Sat in on health care provider interviews yesterday and today...update on that stuff coming soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment