Thursday, July 16, 2009

Afternoon Sun

Thursday 7/16
Time: 56:19
Distance: 8- miles

Wednesday 7/15
Time: 74:10
Distance: 10+ miles

Got in a good midweek effort longer run on Wednesday, but might have aggravated my right Achilles a little. Slept in this morning and went running after work. In the first 2 miles or so both of my Achilles(es?) were acting up, which was slightly less than ideal. By the end though most of the soreness was gone, although there's still a little twinge on my right side lower calf. Debating taking tomorrow off.

I don't often run in the afternoon, but today I was reminded how nice it is around 4-5 pm around here. The sun's slowly sinking but it's still relatively warm, and there are tons of people walking home from work/exercising in the quieter streets. For about 100 meters a dude walking to a bus stop from work kept me company on my run, but he didn't seem too interested in the enormous hill I was about to run down. It also didn't hurt my good mood that I got back just in time to watch the end of today's Tour de France stage (New career goal: getting on the hiring committee for the Tour's podium girls).

No comments:

Post a Comment