Friday, July 24, 2009

Wind

Friday 7/24
Time: 71:18
Distance: 10- miles

Thursday 7/23
Time: 25:40
Distance: 3 1/2 miles

Wednesday 7/22
Time: 59:59
Distance: 8+ miles

Thursday was one of the poorer runs I've had in a long time. I was feeling pretty dead most of the day and kept awake at work on caffeine. Within the first 5 minutes of setting out in the afternoon on my run I knew I was finished. It didn't help that there was a serious headwind that made even running downhill a challenge. In place of running the full 8 miles I had intended I instead downed an enormous Cadbury chocolate bar and watched Tonya Harding try to come clean 15 years later on Oprah. Equivalent? Doubtful. Regrettable? Only slightly.

Felt much better today on a pretty chill run after getting out of work before lunch. Still windy, but warmer. There was a legit high school track meet of some sort going on at the UKZN track, complete with vuvuzelas.

No comments:

Post a Comment