Wednesday 7/29
Time: 67:49
Distance: 9+ miles
Tuesday 7/28
Time: 60:07
Distance: 8 miles
Monday 7/27
Time: 70:50
Distance: 10 miles
Legs definitely tired, but otherwise well-rested. Enjoying the last week of running in Durban.
Some random firsts:
-Today for the first time ever I saw a legit speedwalker training. He was cruising across an intersection in front of me at a pretty good clip.
-Also today I saw the first evidence of Scientology in South Africa. Small poster on light pole reads: "Hubbard's Dianetics! Call xxxx"
Earlier this week I shadowed a physician at KwaMashu Hospital in a township in Durban. Her name is Letaba and she works in the HIV ward at the hospital, starting people diagnosed with HIV on anti-retroviral drugs. Until several months ago she worked at another hospital nearby, Don McKenzie, providing care to patients with TB. She was transferred to KwaMashu after contracting TB at Don McKenzie, an infection she attributes to her overworked schedule at the understaffed hospital. She is currently on treatment for TB, but continues to see about thirty patients per day in the packed ARV clinic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment