Sunday, June 28, 2009

Saturday 6/27
Time: 70:43
Distance: 10 miles

Sunday 6/28
Time: 60:07
Distance: 8 miles

Got in a solid 10 on Saturday morning. It was nice to run after the sun came up. Explored some roads beyond the UKZN sports fields, but quickly decided that the area I ended up in didn't look particularly safe. Feeling a bit tired.

On Saturday afternoon Ivy and I met up with some Brown and Harvard grad students doing research elsewhere in RSA. A good group of them came into Durban this weekend to hang out, so we spent the early afternoon at a weekly flea market. It was pretty awesome-live reggae band, ridiculously cheap food, and everything from video games to clothing to books to art. Definitely going back before I leave.

Sunday was the first completely lazy day I've had in awhile. It felt good for once no having to worry about anything to do or anywhere to be. Went for a run in the afternoon in pretty windy and intermittently rainy conditions. Felt incredibly good on the run, and came back to an absolutely unbelievable game between Spain and RSA in the Confederations Cup 3rd place match. Looking forward to watching the U.S.-Brazil final later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment